Thursday, January 24, 2008

Duncan Hunter: Just What do I Have to do to Become SECDEF?

I sincerely hope this will be the last Duncan Hunter post I ever feel compelled to put together ...

Duncan Hunter, former presidential candidate of marginal significance, who dropped out of the race after truly atrocious showings in Nevada and South Carolina, is endorsing Mike Huckabee. Why? Well, I sure as hell can't say for sure, but I'm this little quote had something to with it:

Huckabee has no military experience beyond commanding the Arkansas National Guard, but he doesn’t see this as an insuperable problem. ‘‘What you do,’’ he explained, ‘‘is surround yourself with the best possible advice.’’ The only name he mentioned was Representative Duncan Hunter of California. ‘‘Duncan is extraordinarily well qualified to be secretary of Defense,’’ he said.


Again, just in case I haven't made myself clear in the past, SpongeBob HunterPants is not qualified to run the Pentagon. He wasn't qualified to Chair the House Armed Services Committee. He's a baboon with periodic flashes of good intentions. He can now ride off into the sunset and cash in on the lucrative world of defense appropriations lobbying. No one will miss him.

No comments: