Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is Tony Palmeri in Big Trouble?

I caught the portion of the council meeting where David Omachinski would being nominated to the Redevelopment Authority on the radio in my car and did not hear the whole thing, but judging by these two blog posts (Tony's and OshBlog) there seems to be something missing:

Namely, Mr. Omachinski.

Was he even at the meeting?

If Tony Palmeri essentially equated Omachinski with child sweatshops in a official capacity and did not give Omachinski the opportunity to defend himself then Palmeri is screwed -- all of the high-minded rhetoric about open government will be meaningless if Omachinski was essentially tried in absentia.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but from what I caught, and the more I think about it, the more I find the whole proceedings entirely inappropriate.

No comments: