Thursday, September 20, 2007

The New Five Dollar Bill

The Treasury Dept. is releasing a new $5 bill today.

Here's a look:











I'm not kidding.

MORE: From the Economist's Free Exchange:

I DON'T know what you all are doing this weekend, but I have a new agenda item planned. Rent a truck, drive to the nearest bookseller, buy them out, and drive northward. Today, for the first time in thirty years, the Canadian dollar has achieved parity with the American dollar. In response, one of Marginal Revolution's quick-witted commenters notes:
When will book price differentials adjust? Would publishers wait as long if the fluctuation occurred in the other direction?
Clearly, some goods have stickier prices than others. Reaching into my briefcase, I see that my current read, Theodore Dreiser's An American Tragedy retails for $9.95 in American stores but lists for $14.99 in Canada. Clearly a profit opportunity!

No comments: