Monday, January 28, 2008

Anyone Notice Anything Strange in This Northwestern Article?

This one, right here ... see anything unusual?

Maybe about half way through ... find it yet?

Why, it's a cameo by Congressman (and snappy dresser) Tom Petri!

I did a double-take. I don't think I've ever seen the Northwestern just casually call up Petri to shoot the shit about something not directly related to something he was working on. In fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Petri quoted in the Northwestern at all.

Then again, why would they? I'm sure he doesn't have any great insight in the machinations of our nation's capitol. It's not like he's an authority on politics or anything ...

In other words, please do this more often.

One thing the Northwestern should not do more often is quote Teno Groppi. Mr. Groppi should only be the subject of scorn and ridicule in this community. I hope that if enough people start ignoring him he will return to that hole in the ground from whence he came and giving him some press -- regardless of the reason -- is only encouraging him to spew more vile into the ether.

No comments: